No products in the cart.
Contemporary Saree Trends To Add To Your Wardrobe
Sarees For Short Height Ladies Styling Tricks For Short Girl
– Do not wear a flared petticoat with a Mysore silk saree. When you are going to a wedding or a reception party, wear a designer Mysore silk saree to grab attention. Skip the usual lehenga and drape yourself in this traditional silk saree for an elegant and gorgeous look. One of the best parts of draping a saree (traditional saree draping styles) is its pallu!
- Today we will tell you that if you pin up the saree properly, then half the problem related to saree draping will be reduced automatically.
- You can play around with different top styles like- halter, a bikini style with a matching jacket.
- Style Tips for Wearing a Mysore Silk SareeAll women love Mysore silk sarees.
- Spice your look with a fitted graphic tee acting as the blouse.
- As you may have already guessed, it is the petticoat that steals the show.
Here are 15 genius saree wearing styles for the short girl. Well, there are many saree draping styles to look slim and many saree materials to look slim.
Pin Up The Drape!
These expensive but gloriously attractive sarees come in handy especially in the wedding season. Similar to the lehenga, half sarees were once the most fashionable attire among young women. Today, the style is back to becoming a coveted look thanks to the wide variety of designs, styles, textures, and colours that they now come it. We may have even let slip a swear word or two when we almost tripped over.
This is why the fish cut style will make you look like a pretty mermaid in your alluring chiffon saree. What if you could combine the ease of wearing a pair of jeans with the elegant look of the saree?
How To Keep The Sleeves In Place?
Whereas the introduction of Mysore silk sarees was done by Maharaja of Mysore, Krishna Raj Vadhiyar who travelled to London to attend Queen Victoria’s Jubilee Celebration. He was inspired by the machine-made silk fabrics that the royal families wore. He then imported around 32 power looms to India and thus started manufacturing of Mysore silk sarees. Initially, these sarees were more prominently used among the royal families wall board for sticky notes.
- Make sure the petticoat is never visible beneath the saree or at the foot.
- Khadi, Cotton, Tusshar, Linen are some of the best material choices for a professional saree.
- So opt for smaller prints, as they flow better with the fabric and make you look leaner and taller.
You can create the full effect by wearing your favorite shirt and knotting it in the front or back to show off that midriff. Try bringing the two worlds together by picking traditional crafts like Batik, Indigo or Kalamkari. Roll up those sleeves when sporting plaid and throw in some killer shades.
Buy Printed navyāsa Liva Shimmer Saree Online
Two pins, one on top and one in the center, should be used to secure the pleats. In this method, the possibility of pleats unfolding is less and the pin in the middle ensures that they are arranged nicely. Saree pins can improve the overall look of the saree in addition to serving as a practical accessory to hold the pallu in place. Coloured pins are a fantastic method to camouflage any pinning. Additionally, use high-quality pins only, as cheap ones can harm the fabric. To know the exact length of your saree, you should wear your heels (footwear) before draping it.
- A unique and elegant blend of wearing a saree for the young hearts or women of any age.
- If you’re wearing a neckpiece, go lighter on the ears and so on.
- When we’re learning how to drape a saree to look slim, we need to first figure which type of saree can be incorporated in our fashion statement.
- Today, the style is back to becoming a coveted look thanks to the wide variety of designs, styles, textures, and colours that they now come it.
- A lucky few may have conquered the whole nine yards in style, and then there are some who carry a bunch of safety pins at the ready every time they wear a saree.
- To ease things down, such ladies can use a couple of tricks.
So, let’s discuss today what are the problems faced by a woman when she decides to wear a saree to a professional situation like our offices and business meetings.
Celebrity inspiration to give your sari a cool update
Pinning a complimentary embroidered dupatta on a sheer solid saree with an off-shoulder blouse is just one way to do it. A unique and elegant blend of wearing a saree for the young hearts or women of any age. You all will agree with me that there is something special about silk sarees. But to pull it off with an arresting look is bit tricky. It is very important to drape it properly because of it’s smooth texture. So in this video/post I am sharing step by step tutorial to drape silk saree perfectly.
- Try this offbeat look by wearing a cotton saree that looks dressy, elegant, and contemporary.
- This awesome Marathi style saree is also known as the Nauvari saree drape.
- The fabric, whether it be a saree, dupatta, or scarf, is the only element that has the power to make or destroy an outfit.
- One of them is sporting a saree with stunning off-shoulder blouses.
A unique feature of the saree is that different regions have their own saree draping styles. But this versatile attire lets you add your personal touch to it as well. Traditionally, all sarees used to be worn with ready-made, standard sized, cotton petticoats that came with a drawstring. One would choose a petticoat that matched the base colour of the saree it was to be worn with and there wasn’t much more to it. Today, petticoats are available in a variety of fabrics, patterns and styles and can even be made to order to fit your body type.
How To Wear Saree: Trendy Saree Wearing Styles
Light Pearl neck wears, and simple gold and platinum jewelry are easily accepted. Pin up the saree with the pallu firmly and do not leave it hanging.
- – If you are tall, go for a saree with bigger borders.
- Use a thin belt with a metallic buckle or a wide cloth belt to add an edge to your look.
- The length of the saree will rely on the height of your heels.
- It should not be too tight, as anything that is not comfortable will not make you feel and look good.
- Initially, these sarees were more prominently used among the royal families.
Choose from these 10 styles of wearing a saree and look your elegant best. The first step to acing any saree style is understanding different styles and drapes. Which is why, you need to know how to wear saree step by step. Plus, a win-win for the Indian beauty that you’ll look. We at Bewakoof believe that sarees are trendy, gorgeous and modern and can be worn on both casual and formal occasions.
Saree Wearing Styles For Parties
The length of the saree will rely on the height of your heels. To get the saree tucked properly, you should use a handful of safety pins . For darping a saree perfectly, you must keep these things in mind. You can either go with a stick-on bra or a strapless bra. Both of these are great to sport dresses that are backless, strapless, off-shoulder etc. When wearing an off-shoulder blouse, the sleeves should be on point so that you look your best.
It should not be too tight, as anything that is not comfortable will not make you feel and look good. Do try something funky – A printed petticoat might look very exciting with a very transparent saree. Ensure the blouse is very well tailored and fits perfectly.
Hacks To Carry A Saree More Gracefully And Comfortably?
It is also incredibly simple to wear and carry because of its skirt-like form. Just drape your saree over it and flaunt your new curvy figure. Use a pair of small beads where the safety pin enters and leaves the fabric, as shown in this picture. This will prevent the pin from accidentally tearing the saree during a sudden pull or jerk.
- Majority of the ladies prefer to wear high heels, so get them ready in advance.
- You can use a pleat maker as shown below, as we understand that this is the hardest part of wearing a saree.
- Ensure the blouse is very well tailored and fits perfectly.
- When it comes to what type of saree suits short girl, we place our bets on small prints.
Some people may take offense to a bright red or purple lipstick and bring undue attention to your face. Maintaining a good skin health and using a light foundation with a minimalist makeup can save your time and still make you look impressive as a corporate lady. Refer to my blog about makeup tips for professional women here for more details. You can use a pleat maker as shown below, as we understand that this is the hardest part of wearing a saree. On the off-chance that you really want some prints on your saree, then you can definitely go for vertical stripes.
Unique Ways Sarees Continue to Stay Contemporary
Hope you love this amazing saree draping guide, visit online shopping sites and shop some sarees, learn how to tie a saree perfectly and slay in any occasion. A hit among celebrities, this has become a sought after look with contemporary sarees.
- Loose blouses give a hideous look and will spoil whole look.
- Love it or struggle with it, what none of us can ignore is the undeniable charms of the saree.
- Also, try to keep the length of your blouse medium (not too long and not too short), making you overall look more natural and less-stuffy.
- However, do make sure that you keep accessories to a minimum since the patterns will always be too much for you to handle.
- And one of the simplest ways to do this is to use safety pins to hold the pleats in place.
- Do you love to wear your handloom cottons and silks, but are not sure how to ‘appear’ slim while draping these gorgeous sarees?
Yes, you’re cute and fun-sized but being a short girl comes with its own set of problems. Especially when it comes to wearing Indian wear, particularly a saree. But a few clever styling tricks and tips can solve this problem.
Learn How to Wear Butterfly Style Saree: Step by Step
Follow these style tips given below- Mysore silk sarees can flatter any body type. Therefore, curvier women can wear this saree when they are going to a party or any ethnic occasion. Instead of wearing an Anarkali, opt for a Mysore silk saree for a graceful look. Pinup the tip of your saree pallu gently and allow the rest of the saree fall on your hand.
- But a few clever styling tricks and tips can solve this problem.
- Mysore Silk Sarees are a pure, elegant artwork made of silk threads with golden zari and brocade designs.
- He then imported around 32 power looms to India and thus started manufacturing of Mysore silk sarees.
- We at Bewakoof believe that sarees are trendy, gorgeous and modern and can be worn on both casual and formal occasions.
- Now if you choose the right safety pin and pin-up the saree properly, then your saree will fit well and the saree will not be spoiled.
– Choose a saree with thin zari borders if you are on the shorter side. If you are wearing a Mysore silk saree at work, pin up the pleated saree completely. This South Indian silk saree is a great alternative to salwar suit when you are heading to work or a semi-formal occasion. – If you are tall, go for a saree with bigger borders. When you are draping the saree, ensure that the pleats are pressed carefully. – Women who have an olive or dark complexion can opt for shades like pink, maroon and green.
Learn How to Wear Fish Cut Style Saree: Step by Step
Steer clear of wearing ill-fitted blouses because it’s only going to add to that messiness. Also, try to keep the length of your blouse medium (not too long and not too short), making you overall look more natural and less-stuffy. Don’t try blouses with horizontal stripes, they’re only going to make you look broader. You can also try out specific sarees for short ladies while you’re out shopping for your blouses.
Your petticoat must contrast your saree well and you should always get the blouse stitched with good fitting. Loose blouses give a hideous look and will spoil whole look. We recommend pinning it right at the back of your shoulder.
Wear A Well Fitted Blouse
In this also the pin will prove to be very helpful for you. You have to set the pallu plates of the saree well first and then put a pin in it. Put this pin where you are going to put the pin by placing the pallu on the shoulder. Doing this will also help you get an idea of how big you want the pallu to be. Buy more cotton ones to get a fuller figure if you’re skinny. Petticoats can make a saree appear bulkier, whereas shapewear enhances your body, holds the saree in place, makes you look in shape.
- Pleat and pin up your pallu, and swap the necklace with earrings instead to complete this look.
- Therefore, curvier women can wear this saree when they are going to a party or any ethnic occasion.
- Just drape your saree over it and flaunt your new curvy figure.
This style looks iconic with trending saree designs like a printed saree or a plain saree with an embroidered pallu. This sophisticated look is ideal for work wear and family functions. You can make the pallu of the saree even before draping the saree.
Pay Mind To Pleats
But we know it is not that easy as it keeps sliding back on your shoulders. Venture into street style by pairing your saree with a rugged pair of denim. Slip into your go-to denim shirt with a rather traditional saree and accessorize. The denim trend train doesn’t stop here, you can pair your saree with everything denim- skirts, shorts, you name it! Just dip your toe to test the waters by layering a denim jacket over your saree to complete the look. Spice your look with a fitted graphic tee acting as the blouse.
Now that we have seen how to pick the right saree and wear it correctly, let us now focus on accessories and jewelry that goes well with a formal saree. Use a high neck blouse or one with collar, avoid backless, low-line or round neck blouses.
Helene Yellow Flat Chiffon Saree Set
But as time passed, it became popular among the other people too. Style Tips for Wearing a Mysore Silk SareeAll women love Mysore silk sarees.
- A hit among celebrities, this has become a sought after look with contemporary sarees.
- Be it the scorching summers, or the chilly winters, cotton can be worn any time of the day with ease.
- We understand that you may have a gorgeous collection of heavy silk sarees or fancy stone/metal work sarees.
- These expensive but gloriously attractive sarees come in handy especially in the wedding season.
- If traditional is what you want to retain, drape this saree the conventional way and wear it with an off shoulder, or fit-n-flair top.
The journey of traditional sarees taking the contemporary route has seen a pleasant headway over time which indeed has swarmed the fashion screens and markets alive. Since then it has been tweaked to fit each decade with designers like Tarun Tahiliani, Satya Paul and Sabyasachi Mukherjee giving us the chills these days. Off-late, many innovative saree draping styles are coming into focus.
Awesome Saree Styling Tricks For The Short Girl!
It goes a long way in being able to flaunt that shape. Now, remember – the diaphanous sarees are meant to be flaunted. Flaunt your curves in the transparent saree, which is probably the most sensuous garment ever.
- It truly is up to your imagination to create one of the kind draping styles, these are just a few examples.
- Some people may take offense to a bright red or purple lipstick and bring undue attention to your face.
- The casual style of draping sarees got its name “atpourey” meaning informal from here.
- It would give you the exact height and would never need readjustments.
- The denim trend train doesn’t stop here, you can pair your saree with everything denim- skirts, shorts, you name it!
A fresh take on the Maharashtrian saree, the dhoti saree is twisted over pants to give off that fusion vibe. Not only the draping style but the blouse can be played with too, team it up with a flared, off-shoulder blouse and walk it all with oomph and style. You could choose fabrics for the petticoat from satin, silk, and cotton. With an adjustable drawstring and no extra frills at the petticoat.